ACB Fourth Circuit Moot Court
ACB Fourth Circuit Moot Court, February 21, 2022
The Education Committee of the DC and Fourth Circuits is pleased to announce a 2021 American College of Bankruptcy Fourth Circuit Moot Court. Please download an application packet here.
We expect to hold the moot in-person at the Prettyman Courthouse, 333 Constitution Avenue N.W., Washington D.C., 20001. (No surprise that all in-person events are accompanied by warnings—should it be unwise to proceed in-person, we will advise all involved.)
The day promises to be a great opportunity for the talented students who compete, as they gain experience and get valuable feedback from the six bankruptcy judges who will serve as moot court judges.
FAQS on the moot:
- Applications are due by 5 p.m. Eastern on December 13, 2021. (Early applications happily accepted.)
- We anticipate three preliminary rounds with each team presenting arguments for the petitioner and the respondent, and a final round.
- Teams do not need to submit briefs. (Teams who have not prepared the brief required for the Duberstein, however, might be disadvantaged in preparing their arguments.)
- The competition will involve the same commercial law fact pattern as used for the Duberstein Moot Court Competition, which will be posted here: https://www.stjohns.edu/law/academics/centers-and-clinics/30th-annual-duberstein-bankruptcy-moot-court-competition.
- Law schools may compete, at no cost, in the circuit regional.
- We can accept up to six teams. Teams from Campbell and Howard law schools have already expressed interest in participating. Should we not have six teams from the DC and Fourth Circuits apply on time, we may accept teams from schools outside the circuit.
Please help us spread the word about this competition!
For more information please contact: Denise Neary, email@example.com.
Education Committee Members
- Paula Beran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Bernstein (Michael.Bernstein@arnoldporter.com)
- David Cox (email@example.com)
- Denise Neary (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair
- Elizabeth Wiggins (email@example.com)